Types of Fire Suppression Systems
• Wet Chemical Fire Suppression System
• Dry Chemical Fire Suppression System
• Halogenated Agent Fire Suppression System
• Carbon Dioxide Fire Suppression System
Wet Chemical Fire Suppression System
A Wet Chemical Fire Suppression System is mainly used in Commercial Kitchen applications. This is a pre-engineered system designed to provide fire suppression in the hood, duct, plenum and appliances. In the event of a fire the system is designed to automatically discharge once the fusible link reach a certain temperate. The system can also be activated manually by pulling the remote pull station. Once the system is activated a wet chemical potassium carbonate based solution is discharged as fine droplets into the protected areas. The main extinguishing action is by cooling caused by the heat of vaporization. The fine spray discharge prevents the dangerous splash of hot grease or thermal shock damage to cooking appliances.
Re-ignition is prevented by saponification, a process in which the wet chemical agent combines with the grease to form a soapy layer at the surface of grease to seal off the fuel from the oxygen, allowing the grease to cool to below its auto-ignition temperature.
Fire Suppression Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (ITM) are required as per:
• California Laws and Regulation for Automatic Extinguishing Systems.
• NFPA 17A, Standard on Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems.
• Manufacturer’s Installation and Maintenance Manual/Inspection, Testing and Maintenance Intervals:
• Semi-Annual Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (Must be performed by Fire Protection Specialist)
During our scheduled ITM to your location, Fire King’s Technicians perform a thorough Inspection of your fire suppressiosystem as per governing codes and regulations.
• Upon completion of ITM customer will be provided with an Inspection Report which details all of the ITM checks that were performed. This form shall also be digitally filed in Fire King’s data base for future reference.
• Once the fire suppression system has passed all required ITM checks Fire King will attach the required Fixed Engineered and Pre-Engineered Fire Suppression System Tag to the fire system’s pull station and/or system cylinder.
• Please note that Fire King cannot attach this tag if it is found that there are deficiencies (failures) within the system. In this case customer will be provided an estimate for correction of deficiencies found during the ITM.
Download our PDF's for Details and Specs:
• 5 Simple Reasons to Upgrade to UL300.pdf
• Universal Control Head.pdf
• UL 300 - Fire Testing of Fire Extinguishing Systems for the Protection of Restaurant Cooking Areas.pdf
• State Fire Marshal Guidance for UL 300 COMPLIANCE.pdf
Please call Fire King Fire Protection, Inc. today to schedule your Inspection, Testing and Maintenance.
Call us at (415) 567-9373 or Contact Us Here: